The Marketing Events Coordinator requires consistent and careful coordination with the Marketing Manager, CEO, Managers, Marketing and Sales staff. Reporting to the Marketing Manager. The Marketing Events Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all events and trade shows from conception to clean up. This position requires coordination of efforts with outside vendors, customers, and other media sources as well as close in-house involvement of other departments. The Marketing Events Coordinator ensures that all events meet and exceed expectations and that all event related materials meet established standards as to appearance and content. Supports Sales and Marketing staff as requested.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Travel as required to trade shows and events to support Sales staff and Marketing efforts. Flexible work schedule to accommodate evening and weekend events.
• Assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, order supplies, equipment, and signage, and ensure appropriate décor to meet quality and brand expectations.
• Maintain inventory of all display and product demonstration materials. Ensures all materials are in show-ready condition.
• Maintain website exhibition calendar.
• Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
• Initiates, coordinates and/or participates in all efforts to publicize event. Ensures messaging is timed and released to effectively promote events.
• Coordinate event logistics, shipping and show labor.
• Place orders with event contractors and ensure services are performed satisfactorily. This includes scheduling and placing orders for show labor, electrical, plumbing (air), lead retrieval, carpeting, cleaning, furniture rental, shipping, and drayage. Produce and provide booth and utility layouts and drawings for show staff and/or show orders.
• Responsible for event set-up and tear-down including supervising contracted labor. Assisting Sales staff during the event.
• Coordinate with vendors and customers to create new robotic demonstrations.
• Process and distribute event leads to Sales staff.
• Assist Sales staff with product and demonstration materials for customer visits.
• Maintain event finances including invoicing, budgets, and reporting.
• Propose new display ideas and improvements to the event planning and implementation process.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Excellent communication and organization skills, experience with event management.
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and work assignments for a large amount of events and trade shows.
• Excellent problem-solving skills to quickly and efficiently solve issues that may arise during an event. Calm individual who can operate under pressure, deadlines, and the demands of a busy event schedule.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and handle the strenuous work of setting up large displays and packing heavy product demonstrations.
• Proficient using the Web to conduct research, event administration, and procurement as well as with the latest versions of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Basic knowledge of Adobe software: Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, is desired.
• Experience with Web communications, publishing, usability and/or social media is a plus.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Hospitality, or related field - plus 1-3 years of experience, or equivalent.
Qualified candidates please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org